JSpaceCanada is a centre for discussions of social justice, peace, and civil rights, both in Israel and Canada. Our year-round programming includes film screenings, panel discussions, parlour meetings, rallies, and briefings from leading commentators and government officials.
Our biennial conference attracts speakers from across the globe to tackle the pressing issues facing Progressive Jewish and Zionist communities. Our 4th Biennial Conference will be Nov. 2-3 this year.
We have hosted an array of outstanding speakers at our events:
- Jon Allen – Former Canadian Ambassador to Israel, and Fellow at the Munk School of Global Affairs, Senior Fellow with the Canada International Council;
- Hon. Ron Atkey — Former Minister of Employment and Immigration;
- Galit Baram – Consul General of Israel in Toronto;
- Peter Beinart – Associate Professor of Journalism and Political Science at the City University of New York. Contributor to The Atlantic, Senior Columnist at The Forward, CNN Political Commentator, Fellow at The Foundation for Middle East Peace;
- Hon. Irwin Cotler – Former Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada, Chair of the Raoul Wallenberg Centre for Human Rights, Emeritus Professor of Law at McGill University, international human rights lawyer;
- Paul Duwar — Former Member of Parliament for Ottawa Centre, Former NDP Critic on Foreign Affairs;
- Yoni Goldstein – Editor of The Canadian Jewish News;
- Raja Khouri – Founding president of the Canadian Arab Institute, Formerly Commissioner with the Ontario Human Rights Commission, Founder of Raja Khouri Conversations;
- Deborah Lyons – Canadian Ambassador to Israel;
- Patrick Martin – Former editor and foreign correspondent for The Globe and Mail;
- Hon. Bob Rae — Former Premier of Ontario, Former Interim Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada;
- Mira Sucharov – Associate Professor of Political Science at Carleton University, Co-editor of Social Justice and Israel/Palestine: Foundational & Contemporary (University of Toronto Press, forthcoming 2019).